Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Am I Nuts?

Check out the flax seeds in the almond butter!
Almond Butter slightly pricier at $8.99 but health benefits far outweigh...









Peanut Butter $3.99 at WalMart



I could not believe it at 1st, but I am going to try some my next shopping day!

We Ate It: Peanut and Almond Butters Fortified with Flax
By Stepfanie Romini
Coach Nicole interviewed her friend Kelly, who participated in a figure competition? During her brutal training, she ate a very restrictive diet. One of the few foods she really loved was fancy almond and peanut butter made with flaxseed. She shared some with Nicole, who LOVES peanut butter. It was such a unique product that we assumed it would be really pricey and only available at specialty stores.
Au contraire, Kelly told us. She buys hers at Wal-Mart for less than $4! And so we reached out to the folks at Naturally More. They sent us samples of the peanut butter, almond butter--and organic peanut butter! What they say: "Naturally More easily differentiates itself from other natural peanut butters with the added benefits of Omega-3, fewer calories than other peanut butter competitors, 25% more protein, and 50% more fiber than regular brands currently on the market."
What we say:
The nut butters have fewer calories and more fiber than traditional nut butters because of the addition of dehydrated cane juice, wheat germ, flax seed and egg whites.

These are thicker and slightly sweeter than normal nut butters. Sometimes, natural nut butters are bland on their own. These are not! They're really tasty on their own.

I tried the peanut butter and I really like it. I really like the addition of the flax seed. I would think about buying this just for the better taste, not just the health benefits.
The almond butter is DELICIOUS, like a treat. It seems richer than almond butters I have had before. It is pretty grainy, which I like, but people new to natural butters may find it too grainy.

We LOVED these nut butters. While I usually prefer pure nut butters--ground nuts, nothing more--and generally choose whole foods over functional foods, these are excellent. I like that they have some fiber and substance to them. The nut butter is gritty in a good way--hard to explain, but trust me.

I ate this almond butter with cinnamon chips from Food Should Taste Good. Oh, wow! It's a great snack. More often these days, I eat it with an apple sprinkled in cinnamon.

We found it at Wal-Mart. It's also available by the case at Naturally More's website. (You can also find other retailers at the company's website.) Have you tried Naturally More nut butters? Will you? How do you usually eat PB (peanut butter) and AB (almond butter)?

No comments: