Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Reboxed...


I had a big kick the other day when I got a real find...$2 brand new Rebox walking sneakers. I had planned all day to get to Fred Meyers, the store & one thing after another delayed things almost to the point when I started to say forget it. In arriving I was rushing as I had to be somewhere else in 15 minutes and I had already lost 10 of those 15.
Anyway I went barreling through the shoe dept just knowing I would not find something in my size & price range when lo & behold the store was having a 50% off clearance on Rebox sneakers which that alone came under my budget. But it turns out all the discount coupons & rebate coupons I had on my list, I ended up only paying $2 for the Rebox.

Now I have good sturdy walking shoes which will get thier maiden walk tomorrow when we are to enjoy 70 degree weather for at least a week.
Meanwhile back at the ranch, er, store, I opted to return the next day to actually buy groceries as I wanted to stick to my list and one important thing was to stock up on herbs & spices.
Oh I plan to have a fresh herbal garden but considering I will be leaving in 6 weeks I do not want to start something I will have to stop. But I got beautiful red cabbage, on the vine tomatoes broccoli , jasmine rice, fixin' for salads . Funny thing which has been strange for me here has been the lack of variety of dried beans. It could be I'm in the wrong spot but I will probably have to try another store.
Can I say now for sure that it really is spring in PNW? I will have my trusty camera with me on my Reboxed maiden vogage walking as there is a block 2 streets over where there are magnificent blooms I have never seen before that I want to shoot ! I will give credit to Eugene as there are glorious gardens and breath taking trees to enjoy

So good shoes burn calories and beautiful blooms.
Now how cool is that?

No comments: