Thursday, May 14, 2009

My R2 D 2 List; 60 by 60 Gonna do's


I have a list of things that I decided I want to accomplish before I turn 60 in 2010 which gives me about 16 months. Some are small, some are dreaming big;some are really affordable;some will take planning. Many maybe a one time only, twice if I like it. Others will be a long term thing. While right now I want to look at one at some point I will list them all so I can go back from time to time seeing what I did or even tweaking if needed. I want to do these by the time I am 60 but there is really no cut off point.


I've called it my R2 D2 list which I did not create. It was based on something I read Dr. Martha Beck wrote in a article she worte in Sept 2008.


In her own words:


" I call the R2-D2 effect. R2-D2 was the normally obedient little robot in Star Wars who suddenly "malfunctioned" to deliver a secret message. This is how our superpowers often show up. It may happen to you in large ways or small; you're just puttering along, then unexpectedly find yourself studying Turkish or buying jodhpurs or moving onto a houseboat. It just seems to happen, the way your heart beats and later your mind notices. Try making a list of times you had the R2-D2 impulses. (My list includes majoring in Chinese, writing my first book, and beginning to coach.) Focusing on such events will help trigger your superpowers"Sept 2008 O magazine.


Anyway one on my list is to take up dancing again, ballroom, modern and line dancing. And I know some are like "don't you think because of your knees... that is wise?"


Well yes I do.


A lot can be done with moderation I mean I won't probably be able to do competion level Mambo,Quick Step or Paso Dobles but I don't care to either. I am not going to try out for Dancing with the Stars!


My aim is not to start doing this until pass some challenges perhaps getting into the fall or winter before making a move (pun intended)


And then today I was introduced to of all things CD who I probably would have skipped by in a store. Pete Rock is his name. His music is hip hop but you would not associate him if you listen to his all instrumental music with a heavy leaning in jazz & funk;





Listening to his instrumentals make me decide to have my black eye peas with jasmine rice for lunch instead of waiting for dinner.


By the way that pot turned out delicious seasoned with several cloves of garlic,crushed red pepper, Cajun seasoning, sage, oregano, red onion.



No comments: