Sunday, October 17, 2010

Weigh to Goal~ Something I Never DO...

10-17-10 This is me today beginning this modest goal...



I rarely ever do this "I want to lose XYZ amount of weight by_________"


So I am trying a modest objective.


It began because of something I did not follow through on that of being this past week despite my intentions, I did not get one day of real walking in although I did small increments of some movement. Somehow the week got a'weigh from me.

But now I learned my eldest daughter's Commencement is January 14,2011 in California and oh course I will be attending with rings on my fingers & bells on my toes! She has worked so hard for this.

They (my daughters, SIL and 8 of the 9 grandchildren have seen nothing but a few pictures of me since the surgery. The people who see me locally comments all the time about my weight release.

But now it is the appropriate time to gear up. I am writing this not as a commitment, but a contract to myself to move more to walk a bit further.

My goal will be to release about 30 pounds before travel. It only comes to 10 pounds per month or 2.5 pounds a week.


Since I will be heading to the West Coast after Commencement, I will travel onto the Pacific Northwest to vist my son & his family & if I dare perhaps a fast "holla" to a friend in Washington State on my return back. I love the train so it will be fun to gadabout.

And to see family & friends especially in the case of the ones in the PNW it will be over a year, 2 in some since I've seen them all.




So back to walking I go. Fortunately our winters are temperate & I like walking in the cold. I will do that before beginning the rest of my day so I won't get distracted. There will have to be some tweaking on time because as much as I like chill I will not be doing the 7am in the dead of winter.

No comments: