Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Big City Woman ©94





By iiammoon© 94


Brimming, bursting, embodied, expansive, extraordinary, full, grand, healthy, huge, immense, laden, large, magnitude, spacious, substantial....., suffused, personified, represents ,replete...


Oh my goodness!

What a difference a word makes.

In how you take me.


What you saw

And what you see

Is it me

Or a rendition of a story you wanted tell

On how you see me.

Or.

You thought how I saw myself.

Were two separate entities

Some who claimed they were trying to ...

Spare me..


Ha!

What a joke!

Spare me from what?


All the substance & beauty of my world, my vibe?

Did not jibe with what I knew to be me.


There are many directions going to the same place.


You just used a well worn, tired road that never bore any truth as it was.

But by using all the adjectives polite circles used to shape my girth,

Supposedly when they don't want to hurt my feelings..

But much more, I expected you to use .


These words..


Apply it if you please in addition to my size?

And more aptly, Though some would never admit it

To my beauty.


Imagination.

My wit, Humor. Drive. Intelligence.


Heart, spirit and stature.


What a difference a word can make!


Now, lay it on down..

And why don't you c'mon now and just samba with me!


All rights reservedJHM94©


I originally wrote this poem in 1994 updated in 2001 and recently revised still again. While I have the original version which was very short and perhaps I'll post it at some point, but I think in the years growth this is where things are today, though I am far 113 pounds heavier today then when I wrote this! I guess my heart & attitude grew even bigger then my girth.

No comments: