Friday, September 24, 2010

Weigh to Stroll~ My 1st walk since surgery.









Look what I would have missed if I had not gone for this micro-walk (above)


I had planned to wait until next week before resuming walking, but my instincts today told me get up & go for a walk. While I had my dr's ok, I was caution to be mindful if I felt dizzy or weak before starting. Finally in the last 3 days I have not had momentary dizziness or spells of weakness.

So out I went to test the market so to speak.

I only walked a very modest 2.5 blocks. It may not seem much for some, but 2 major surgeries back to back & 4 weeks out, I am pleased. It was nice to be out of the house for a change although tomorrow when I go I am aiming for way earlier so I can avoid the heat of the day.

I took my trusty camer with me & saw some of the changes in my neighbors' gardens and even some of the leaves on one very old tree in the beginning of changing colors.

I actually could have walked another 2 blocks but opted not to chance it.

There will be others and as our Gulf Coast summer fades away in Oct there will be more lovely sights to see as people prepare for the art season whick traditionally kicks off then.

I plan to increase the distance perhaps once per week as I see my stamina holds out. But I am happy to have done this today!

No comments: