Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Weigh to Grow~ Eating from your harvest...

What a delight I had when today after finally a full night of restorative sleep, to, very carefully, get out & walked in to see how my garden grew despite my neglect due to the surgeries & convalesing.

Much to my delight I found an abundance of eggplants and 3 okra pods! Okra. At this size I will let them go to seed for next years crop. I was simply amazed that I got some since when I got the plant it was near death.



Eggplants~I harvested a dozen "Casper" eggplants to use and had to toss about 6 in the compost.


Cantaloupe

Green Bean plants w okra leaves


To the seasoned gardener it may not seem like much, but I had resigned myself that I had completely lost my container garden between the New Orleans heat, my neglect etc. Even my watermelons seems to have, no pun intended, taken a life of their own and started growing!

I manage to have saved one cucumber & squash plant respectively & the bell peppers seem to be trying to revitalized. My greens, brussel sprouts, kohl rabi & tomatoes are raring to be transplanted.


Not unlike me right now.

Although there wasn't a whole lot I could do, I can stand there to water, pluck away dead leaves & photograph.

And that is exactly what I did. Enjoyed the cool early morning breeze, the silence and my garden.

Tis' good!

No comments: