Wednesday, March 4, 2009

In Joy & in Health...


The pictures of my almost 19 year old granddaughter in youthful joy and energy is contagious! I immediately flashed with this 3rd generation dancer immediately brought a joy filled memories of what dance was for me for 2 decades. Having the ability to show exuberant & expression in movement is a satisfaction bar none for me.
Even moreso, is to have pass that joy not only to my daughter but to my granddaughter is rewarding. Make no mistake, my granddaughter is an honors student majoring in political science and clear with all the determination of her visions not yet tainted by a world as of yet sets well with me.
Also in passing that baton, is the "take no prisoner, I know who I am and you are not gonna whittle me down with 'tude "is wonderful. It is great to see it in action.
One of the best gifts I can give to her is to have my own health managed well, so she continues to have a model, as well as her mom, as they move through the passage of time. At some point her mom will be like me moving into her 6th decade, prayerfully which with joy & satisfaction her
grandchild with as much pleasure as I am having right now.
Realistically, I probably will not be around at that point as I would have to be over 120 years old, but that will be then not now.
So I say well done daughter, well done. And sneak a pat on the back for me too.

No comments: