Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Say it (Not)So!

"Under the Bridge" photograph Durham NC All Rights ReservedJHM©08


Keep your goals away from the Trolls! ~ Unknown

I had to chuckle when I first saw this inside a Chinese fortune cookie after much on my meal.

Then I thought... there is some truisms in this. There are indeed people who will for whatever reasons why, will make light of your goals, find ways to put them down either in word or deed when in the end is has nothing to do with them, not their business.

But on my part I have to take responsibility in being more discerning as to whom you show your goals to.

Sort of an irony since I am here on a blog talking about my weight release adventure. But here I can control comments that I do not have to read or do not have to post. In the real world people love to venture their opinions, thoughts and wants but not as offering as suggestions but almost as a demand that you do this or die mind. Yes I am exaggerating but not by must.

Knowing the difference between some who will cheer you as you soar through the clouds or a troll who wants to put an anvil around your neck as you ker-plunk to the ground sometimes are not easy to spot.

At least I have not develop and uncanny knack to discern these trolls but I am getting better, smarter and quicker about leaving them behind then I used to be.

So what have I got to lose outside of poundage and stressby being more saavy when it comes to trolls? Not a whole lot as trolls will simply wait under the bridge until the next innocent sheep crosses and then pounce.

It just won't be me.

How cool is that?

Moon

3 comments:

Anastácio Soberbo said...

Hello, I like the blog.
Sorry not write more, but my English is bad writing.
A hug from Portugal

Adam said...

"Under the Bridge" is a song by the American alternative rock band Red Hot Chili Peppers, released on March 13, 1992 as the second single from the group's fifth studio album Blood Sugar Sex Magik. Vocalist Anthony Kiedis wrote the lyrics to express a feeling of loneliness and despondency and to reflect on narcotics and their impact on his life.
---------------------

Adam

Social marketing

Poorni Pillai said...

i really like your blog- small but its so warm :)