Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Getting creative with oatmeal

From my friend who had suggested to me to give oatmeal one last try.  She is also sending me a particular type of oatmeal from where she lives that I may enjoy:



"I make a different oatmeal every time, using dried fruits, nuts, and extracts/flavorings. Yesterday, I chopped up some dry apricots, put about half a teaspoon almond extract in the water along with a couple tablespoons dry milk and the oatmeal for an apricot cream oatmeal.

Other combinations are pecans with butter pecan extract and topped (after cooking) with a bit of butter and brown sugar; dried cranberries with a bit of orange extract; raisins with rum extract; maple extract and walnuts; dried apples and chopped walnuts with a little bit of raisins with apple pie seasoning and served with a touch of butter and brown sugar.

Basically just let your imagination go wild and breakfast oatmeal will never be boring.


Hmm I just wonder about figs... 

No comments: